What a week!
I went from living in a motel that was just renovated by a mass eviction of the methhead tenants, to a master bedroom in a house where my personal bathroom is bigger than my apartment back home.
This week concludes my journey into discovering the link between Southland Tales, Sri Yantra, and the Butterfly Effect.
I am so hopeful that this will be the segment that really brings it home and actually include information that links all this nonsense to Southland Tales!
It’s Sunday at 10:00 in the pm and it’s time to fire up the Cannes Cut of Southland Tales for my 25th viewing and review.
This was another week where I watched the movie just to have it fresh in my mind for when I watch the supplemental material and to fulfill the obligations of the challenge.
It's weird. This was my first day off in a while and the first time I watched cable news in damn near two years. The very first news story I heard was about this world wide terror threat. The one where our government apparently has specific information yet the information they are giving to the public is so vague that we should be careful traveling, visiting tourist location, going outside, breathing the air, etc…
As soon as I finished the movie I started to hear rumblings that this vagueness is part of a power grab by the NSA. I’m not sure how much I believe that, but I am interested to see if any of my future Southland Tales reviews will being using current news as supplemental material.
But maybe this series on how Southland Tales links to Sri Yantra and the Butterfly Effect has opened me up to seeing connections that may or may not actually be their.
And now for part three, hopefully this week will focus on the main movie that I’m here for.
- The video starts with Brendan Fraser, The Mummy Returns, the Scorpion King and some magical staff.
- Yay! He mentioned Southland Tales within the first minute, linking the Rock, his characters and his career, starting with the Rock’s Christ character of Jericho Cane, to him being a sacrificed God in The Scorpion King, to the Rock using a portal to get to Mars in the movie Doom, and then he goes through the time rift in Southland Tales.
- The video then goes back to the Scorpion King and links the God Horace’s reincarnation as Christ, and then back to Jericho Cane.
This video is still not a full minute in and is Southland Tales heavy!
It’s still scattered and confusing but at least it has what I came for!
- Now we’re off to the Nazis and back to the movie Constantine.
- And we’re back to the Scorpion King and how some portal opened up when the Rock is killed.
- Now we’re on to the movie The Air I Breath where Brendan Frasier is either blessed of cursed to see through time.
I’ve been let down before with this potential link to Southland Tales, but this guy has to link this to the time rift, he has to.
- Nope. Instead he goes on to explain the story of the movie The Air I Breath and how Forest Whitaker has something to do with a horse named Butterfly.
Hopefully they at least point out the connection to the Butterfly Effect.
- Again, nope. Instead we learn that Forest Whitaker wears a checkered shirt in Vanishing point.
- This leads to a talk radio segment about the human evolution that’s supposed to have started after 2012.
- We’re stuck on butterflies right now as it is pointed out that it’s a butterfly that lands on Robin Williams in the movie Patch Adams that causes him to change his mind about committing suicide.
And pimps don’t …
- Damn it. That’s not where he went. Instead this guy goes on to talk about What Dreams May Come and how it links to magic mushrooms and Alice in Wonderland.
- This actually leads to Sarah Michelle Gellar and how she’s going to be playing Alice in some up coming video game, and that she’s in Southland Tales, and that she was in a Stone Temple Pilots video.
- He then finds it suspicious that Sarah Michelle Gellar acted against both the Rock and Brendan Frasier.
- Oh! Now he’s on to the old lady from Poltergeist,
Now we’re getting somewhere!
- He talks about Zelda's roll in the movie Southland Tales and how she feeds the Rock the information he needs.
- Bam, he quickly jump to the fact that the time continuum machine in Southland Tales looks like the ball that drops on New Years.
- The New Years Ball is then linked to the Epcot ball.
- And he’s back to Southland Tales because of the monkeys that are the first to go through the time continuum machine.
- I can’t wait to hear what he has to say about monkeys. First I’m a big fan but also he has an excitement in his voice about how monkeys play a big role in space time vortesies.
- Well, his only other example is the monkey in the movie the Fly.
- He goes on to talk about some Egypt Monkey God.
- We then jump back to the movie The Fountain and this guy seems a little shocked at the connection that a monkey is used for experiments to find a cure for cancer.
Oh, he’s still on the monkey’s in movies theme, its just convoluted and scattered.
- He's now talking about Planet of the Apes and the Christ symbolism through out.
- This leads to Ashton Kutcher giving himself stigmata in the movie the Butterfly Effect.
Yay! Another reference from a title of the video!
- We quickly get out of the Butterfly Effect and on to the Shroud of Turin which they theorize, or as this guy says "is a scientific fact," was created by a massive light blast.
- And that’s it. He plugs the music in this week's video and this three part series is over.
I am so sorry you had to sit through these. I was really hoping to get more out of this.
I do have to say for a video trying to break down the story of Southland Tales, this guy managed to out convelute, out confuse, and out crazy anything Richard Kelly could put on the screen.
That said the creator of this video did have some interesting points, he just lacked focus, leading it to be very hard to grab on to anything he had to say.
Over all I found this to be an interesting assignment.
Stay tuned for next week when I will hit the midpoint of this project as I watch Southland Tales for the 26th time and review it yet again.
See you there!