Good morning Crickets. It’s that time once again so brace yourself for my latest update of Operation Achieve Anything. Today makes day number thirty-six of this challenge and I am currently sitting here feeling sick as a dog, so, I’m going to make this intro a quick one. This is too bad because yesterday had the potential to be a much more successful than it was.
I started to feel sick a couple of days ago but my illness didn’t become debilitating until a half-hour before the start of the Super Bowl. The timing couldn’t have been worse because I was going to use the big game to showcase my observation skills to fulfill yesterday’s assignment.
Here’s what I managed to come up with. Keep in mind that these observations may get offensive at times as I was trying to act like I was new to the world, or at least the world of the event so my interpretations are sometimes intentionally misguided. Alright, enough explaining, let’s go.
- From what I’ve always heard, the Super Bowl is pretty much nothing more than an undercover ad for nationalism so I was a bit surprised to find that Turkish Airlines seemed to be the main sponsor of the game. I don’t really care what this means but I know how people think so I know that there’s going to be some backlash.
- It didn’t take long for my communication device to validate the above-mentioned backlash prediction.
- The backstage build up to the competitors’ entrances really does have the feeling of the old Gladiator days with the Patriot men taking on the Eagle monsters, with the animals being introduced first to more of a dirge while the men where shown accompanied by more heroic tones.
- As the two teams took the feed the contrast in music continued as the beasts came out to urban rap while the men entered the arena to rock and roll to really amp up the white folks in the crowd.
- From what I hear, the commercials are supposed to provide comic relief but right out the gate, they seem basic if not boring.
- Oh my god, that was a giant white guy who just won that award.
- I don’t know why people think that women with short hair look like boys, Pink is absolutely gorgeous. She was also pretty good considering I saw in the news how she had the flu going into the performance.
- Jesus Christ, how many special groups are they going to introduce before getting to the violence?
- Coin toss time!!!
- Now that the coin toss is over with, I can take another nap since I have a bit of a flu as well.
- I wish I loved movies as much as I used to because if I did, I’d probably be really excited about this new Jurrasic Park since it seems like an interesting twist to the franchise.
- Did Joe Namath and Maury Polvich somehow get swapped via The Mandela Effect?
- It turns out that the game aspect of this event is extremely boring when you don’t, as they say, have a dog in the race, but I guess I’m rooting for the birds because they seem like the underdogs.
- These commercials just seem new, not special.
- The first quarter ended in a tie making all of the effort completely worthless.
- Hey, the team that I just determined to be the one that I’m rooting for just took the lead!!!
- Alright, I think I’m excited about this new Castle Rock project.
- Oh wait, I guess that it wasn’t the end of quarter one back when I said it was. I wish that I had cold meds to blame for this confusion but I think that it’s the cold itself that has me feeling a little out of it.
- Finally, a series of ads that intrigue me. Peter Dinklage and Busta Rhymes followed by Morgan Freeman and Missy Elliott how could anyone be disappointed.
- Oh good, I thought that new The Rock movie was a Die Hard reboot which was going to make me furious. Now I just see it as another shitty movie that I will never see.
- Using Martin Luther King to sell a pickup truck might be one of the most disgusting ads that I’ve ever seen.
- I hate reboots in general but I have to say this new Crocodile Dundee looks great… wait… what… it’s not real NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
- Time to check out the halftime pop-culture madness!!!
- I find it weird that they have such wussy performers to entertain the masses during such a testosterone filled event.
- I’m getting sick and tired of the novelty of nostalgia.You can’t have a reunion performance with the same people on multiple shows every single year and have it still be an exciting surprise. Then again, those might not be the other people from NSYNC either way, it’s the same songs every fucking time and still not all that special.
- Wait, they’re trying to make “the nice guy” from The Office into an action hero.
- Wow, it’s only half-time and Yahoo News is already listing the best and worst ads for the night. I haven’t seen such early reporting since the announcement that Building Seven was already down even though it was clearly standing behind the reporter on 9/11.
- Alright, that last insight might have gone darker than I intended any of my insights to go.
- Wow, these companies are really glad-handing themselves using pseudo-sentimentality to pitch their product.
- And finally, the animals win!!!
s I said, I wish I wasn’t so sick for this assignment because I really had fun pulling off the list up above and probably would have written ten times more, if I only had the energy to sit on my computer and write the whole time instead of lying on my couch reaching around for my notebook in an effort to jot down my thoughts.
Today’s assignment is going to be impossible for me as I’m supposed to keep track of my observations. For one, I’m going straight back to bed as soon as I fulfill my daily obligations, but also I think I might be a little too observant which would make it impossible for me to note every observation that I have.
I’ll delve more into my thoughts on the assignment when I check in with tomorrow’s update. Until then, it’s now that time where I say, good day and good luck to you and all of your project.
Talk to you soon.
The Wicker Breaker
P.S. Below are links to my novel, which I plan to promote as part of Operation Achieve Anything, as well as a link to where you can buy the book that is providing the structure to this project in case you would like to purchase it in order to play along.